TWRP Recovery On Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Snapdragon variants is now available for download. Galaxy S8 devices come with two processors the Snapdragon 835, or the Exynos 8895. TWRP Recovery for Exynos models was already available and now XDA Recognized Developer / Contributor jesec share the TWRP Recovery for Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Snapdragon variants.
To Root Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Snapdragon variants you still need to have an unlocked bootloader. Since there is no option to unlock US Galaxy S8 and S8+ bootloader, so for now it won’t work for users located in the United States. This will work only on Chinese or Hong Kong variants, which have unlockable bootloaders and have model numbers of SM-G9500 and SM-G9550. You can Follow below process to Install TWRP on Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Snapdragon variants.
TWRP 3.1.1 is the most recent version of available for Galaxy S8/S8+. If you want to root Galaxy S8/S8+ Snapdragon variant or want to try some custom ROMs, then you need to install a custom recovery on Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Snapdragon variants first. To Root Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Snapdragon variants you need TWRP Recovery that work on Qualcomm devices. Download TWRP Recovery for Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Snapdragon variants from below.
- This method only works on Unlocked Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Snapdragon variants, don’t try it on other devices.
- This will not work on Exynos variants of the Galaxy S8/S8+. This includes, but not limited to, the International (F/FD), Korean (N), and Exynos LDU (X) variants.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- Take a complete backup of your phone for safer side and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Download TWRP Recovery On Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Snapdragon variants
- Download TWRP for Galaxy S8 Snapdragon Variant – Download
- Download TWRP for Galaxy S8+ Snapdragon Variant – Download
How to Install TWRP Recovery On Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Snapdragon variants –
Please note that this will only work on Unlocked Chinese or Hong Kong variants of Galaxy S8/S8+ and you won’t Install TWRP or Root US Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Snapdragon variants until their bootloader unlocked. So follow below process to Install TWRP and Root Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Snapdragon variants (Unlocked Variants only). The method to install TWRP on Exynos and Qualcomm variant is same just download the right TWRP.
Follow Below Steps For Install TWRP :-
- First enable USB debugging and OEM Unlocking from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
- Now Download the Odin tool and extract the zip file.
- Run the Odin_xx.exe file on your PC.
- Connect your Galaxy S8 to your PC with the data cable and reboot into the Download/Odin mode.
- To enter into download mode turn off your phone and press and hold the Bixby and volume downbuttons, then press the power button. until you see the download mode screen.
- Once you enter into Download mode, you see an ID: COM port turned blue and Added message in Odin message box means your device has recognized by Odin.
- If ID: COM doesn’t show means your driver is not correctly installed or try it with different USB cable.
- Now locate and add the twrp-3.1.0-r1_0424_dreamlte.tar file to the AP/PDA tab in Odin.
- Make sure that only these two options are tick “Auto Reboot” and “F.Reset Time“
- Now click ‘Start‘ button and it will start flashing the file. Wait until you see ‘Pass‘ in Green Color on Odin screen. This step will install TWRP 3.1.0 recovery on Galaxy S8/S8+.
So , This is the complete guide to Download and Install TWRP Recovery Snapdragon Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+. For any queries comment below.